I'm back to the keyboard that is funky with so much to share...patience! So, Soeur Orton, Can you call and tell her 1) i love and miss her and 2) we ran into susan...her daughter is getting better and she said, "grace a dieu." She believes! an incredible blessing to be able to hear the results of testifying. Sr Orton will tell you the whole story and don't let her leave out how much pain she was in the whole time.
This week was another fraught with miracles. I can't explain all that happened but Sr Shannon and I were doing a consecrated hour and it was pretty null for the beginning 45 mins. We prayed for more direction and decided to walk up a street. There was an older lady sitting on her porch. We asked if she had any trick or treaters (the kids here have it figured out, we saw the, out from 2 to 8!) anyways she said she wasnt interested in our message but after about 10 mins she opened up. Her husband has cancer and she doesn't believe God is there for her anymore. All I could think about was Cameron and his fight and how he did the opposite thing...his situation only brought him closer to God. I told her a little bit about him and was able to testify that God is there for her, He knows her pain and He loves her. She started crying and I know she was able to feel that love that Heavenly Father desperately wants her to feel. I have been feeling a little frustrated with myself lately, not always knowing the right thing to say but that moment was a defining one for me. It is a privilege to share the simple truth that God loves us. So many people don't know that. It was a blessing to feel the love that Heavenly Father has for every single one of His children.
We had an amazing rendezvous with a couple on friday night! They are married! the husband started off with loads of questions and when we shared the Joseph Smith story he goes ' I know that is true!' then later in the middle of his wife's thought he bursts out with 'I PROMISE you, i will be at church on Sunday' hahaha so amazing! They both came on Sunday and were participating in the lesson, sharing their feelings about Christ and asking questions. They loved testimony meeting and are coming again next week. I love them so much already... o and they have a pet bunny. hahaha, it just hopped in the room in the middle of the lesson. Life is so good. (I love that she follows with this after the bunny comment. Haha)
MOM! An elder from Neuchatel just got transferred into our area. His name is Cannonica. Does that ring any bells? His other family has the surname Reva? Did you ever know them? Let me know. I'm still on the hunt for good boots. There is a huge discrepency between prices, they are either 15 euro or 200. The other problem is that my legs are just as skinny as before and everything looks so goofy. Sr Shannon is an angel. She is so patient with my pickiness. She is also patient with my stress level! Every time we get lost she says "Sr Powers it's all going to be ok. This is an adventure!" That it is! and she's teaching me Irish!
One last thought I read D&A 28:16 this morning... we are called to open our mouths with rejoicing. We have so much to be rejoice about! Simple but it's how I feel. I LOVE YOU.. thank you for the pictures!
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment