Heavenly Father loves us so much! I hope everyone knows that. I have never felt that so strongly in my life. Believe it! OK so some big news from Belgium...As you may recall, Sr Orton is my trainer and the expectation was that she was going to finish out her mission here in Liege at the end of the next transfer. She had extended and I think she was excited to finish with me:) Well, she has been having some pretty awful back problems and it has been decided that she is going to go home at the end of this transfer when it was originally scheduled aka Wednesday. Sr Carson is going to open St Quentin (spelling? sorry!) SOOOO I am inheriting LIEGE! My new companion is going to be Sr Shannon from Ireland! She has been out since June so were going to be a relatively young companionship. I am sad to see Sr Orton and Sr Carson leave, it has been easy to do the work with them. It was instant love and having to move on is going to be hard! I know I have mentioned this before but it is difficult to learn to love someone so fast and then have to move in different directions. I have been so blessed to have Sr Orton as a trainer. I know were not supposed to have graven images but I seriously idolize her. If I could be half the missionary she is I would be proud. Anyway...just like New Jersey, I am seeing that the Lord TRUSTS us! We just have to have faith in that trust he has in us. I read 1 Ne 17:3 just this morning. I know that if Heavenly Father wants something to happen, he will provide a way...Even if it is through my weak self. He is our Father who loves us more than we can possibly comprehend, he wants the best for us and he will provide a way to make that happen. Sorry for not being able to type out these scriptures but I only have my scriptures in French and trying to type in French would eat up all the time I have. I also read D&C 11 today, read it. It is so amazing. When we have desire to serve, we are used in the way the Lord needs us. Mmm, time is so short! Your trip to Connecticut looks like so much fun! I'm only sad I couldn't have helped carry the kids down. PREPARATION is key, family! hahaa Im glad everyone survived. I love you all so much. Our window overlooks the city and the river and the colors are gorgeous. We are far apart but Heavenly Father lets us share in his beauty together. Teaching and finding and talking are so much fun. I am still working on doing more than testifying but Heavenly Father has been so good to me. My french is coming along and the members are so willing to help me out. They love teaching me and I love learning. The members here are incredible. We ate raclette last night with the Fonicellos and loved how european it felt. The people are so kind and I am excited to develop relationships with them. It's funny....I can't speak french but again, we are able to develop relationships routed in testimony. We don't really have to be able to have in depth conversations to be able to relate to people. I must go but know that I love you. I pray for you everyday and so love hearing from you. Keep working hard and praying every chance you get.
Sr Powers
O so Brussels exchange was awesome...I was there with Sr Flood's trainer and a Dutch sister! For language study we read the BOM in French, Dutch and Portugese (sr flood's trainer) so cool to feel the stone cut out without hands!
Monday, October 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment