Monday, November 30, 2009

Hark all Ye Nations!

Thanks everyone for your incredible emails. Thanks for the package mom! The plates are adorable and I am so excited to make the bread. I love pumpkin and, of course, you know that, thank you!!! Even though I wish I could have been there to enjoy the time with the family, I have no doubt that everyone was able to still have a good time without me! Josh, I am so proud of you! I know you said you were nervous, but everyone said the talk was not only well delievered but you were able to invite the Spirit. That is the ky to teaching, creating the environment for the Spirit to be there and then letting the Spirit do the teaching. I love you so much and am so excited for what lies ahead of you. I am sorry you never got my card! It had all of my mission advice for you in it! I will write another one next week and maybe it can help. I'm not sure it will really make a difference, it seems like you already know everything. I am so happy that Thanksgiving went off without a hitch! I wouldn't expect anything else. One of the members here made us pumpkin pie and homemade eggnog. You can't replace a Powers Family Thanksgiving but it was delicious and a tender mercy. This week is going to be another fun one! I have an exchange with Sr Rideout and we have an action packed day and then Zone Conference in Bruxelles. I am excited to continue to learn from the people who know a whole lot more than I do!

This past week was incredible. We had our rdv with Laurence and Sr Brubaker. Sr Brubaker is adorable her french is about as good as mine but her heart is definitely purer. Laurence is in a choir and sang for a group of elderly people. She had a solo and was talking about how nervous she was. Sr Brubaker goes "Well, you should practice with us!!" She sang the whole song and blushed through the whole thing. I loved it. She is still progressing and hopefully I will be allowed to stay in Liege to see her baptized! We had another miracle this week. We prayed for our consecrated hour on Friday night and both felt pretty good about this one street. When we got there we prayed again and immediately we looked up and saw one of the members walking down the street. We ran up to her and gave her a gros bisoux. She looked not so good and we found out that her sister had just had a stroke. We were able to walk and talk with her for almost the whole hour. It really is amawing how Heavenly Father works. He knew that she needed help and support at that moment and he sent us to where he needed us. We didn't even realize what we were doing but He always does. I love being able to be a part of His work. I love being able to give the hug He can't give personally. We went to the hosptial the next night and I couldn't believe how much I had missed the hospital. It's kind of strange but I really do feel comfortable there. I had to concentrate on not just focusing on the pumps and monitors! I realized that while Sr Shannon was talking I was quizzing myself on meds and care plans. Opps. Either way we are in the work of healing and I love it. As far as music goes, I'll let you know about cds next week. Sr Brubaker is putting together a new cd list and it wouldn't make sense to go off the old list. There is also a mission blog. I'm not sure what the address is but if you call Sr Orton I'm sure she knows. Thanks! I love you!

Quick funny story...we were getting a jump on our cleaning last night and we found some meds hidden in a dark corner of our pantry. Sr Shannon opened it up and said, "This is perfect! My stomach has been hurting. Sr can i take this orally?" I looked over and she was holding a suppository! hahahahah I almost died laughing.

JOSH - Good luck on Wedsday! The first day is exhausting but also a huge thrill. Try and pay attention and stay focused. It can be really fun at the MTC but it can also pass really fast! I know you are prepared and know your scriptures but try not to waste time. Before you know it youll be doing the real thing! IT is so good. If you meet a Sr STevens or Fr Wadsworth or really any of the French teachers tell them Hi and i made it to Belgium! Elder POwers, I am so proud of you. This is going to be an amazing year together. I can't wait to hear about all of your success and all of your trials and all of the things you learn to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment