Monday, December 7, 2009

Famille de Pouvoir!
I am so happy to hear that Josh got to MTC okay and that he is headed on his way to becoming the man Heavenly Father needs him to become! I am also extremely happy that the package arrived! Wow what a relief. I had forgotten that all of the New Jersey pictures were on that card too and was sad to think that I wouldn't have any pictures from that amazing time. I think I am going to stick to keeping my cards from here on out...just to be safe. Well, I am staying in Liege for another transfer with Sr Shannon! There were a lot of predictions flying around but I couldn't be happier to be here for the holidays with the amazing members. I have high hopes for the work that can be done here over the next six weeks. I felt like last ransfer was a bit of a trial period and I had(continue to have) a lot to learn. It is exciting to know members and have a vision for what can happen. Heavenly Father has helped me to know that Liege is where I need to be for at least a little bit longer! Zone Conference was incredible...as always. President talked a lot about the Pearl of Great Price and how our knowledge of what happened before our time on earth and what is going to happen after facilitates our learning and ability to overcome our obstacles while we are here on earth. He said, 'our gospel doesn't make a whole lot of sense without the big picture.' That principle couldnt be more true. we are motivated and act accordingly because we know why were here. We know where we are going and what Heavenly Father expects of us. It is such a blessing to have an understanding of the plan Heavenly Father has set out. It makes everything we pass through make so much more sense. I was reading about the Atonement today and found this thought by Elder Oaks, "the healing power of the lord Jesus christ, whether it removes our burdens or strenthens us to endure and live with them like the apostle Paul, is available for every affliction in mortality." I love that. The atonement is the central principle of the plan of salvation and it allows us to overcome EVERY affliction in mortality. We are so blessed. Elder Causse also came for stake conference this week. He is such a powerhouse. I cheated and used a headset so I could get a little bit more out of the experience:) He talked all about our desires and how even the smallest desire is accepted of the lord. I took good notes but don't have much time to relate. I thought of alma 29:4and 5. Amazing promise. Ok I have to go. I LOVE YOU. Thank so much for the pictures Chelsey! I just wrote you a letter to let you know I got them. I love you and can't wait to hear all about christmas adventures chez nous! Gros Bisoux Sr Kate Powers

No comments:

Post a Comment