Merry Christmas!!!
I love Liege at Christmas! So Virginia isn't the only place with a ton of snow...At the start of church yesterday it was the normal blustery freezing Belgium weather. By the time sacrament meeting had ended, there were 6 inches on the ground and all the buses had been cancelled! All of the members were runing around, as dad would say, like crazy fool heads. They cancelled DMB meeting and everyone left tout suite! Laurence couldn't make it to church so we decided to walk up to her house. Then we walked and made it to a couple of members' homes on our trek home, ensuring that we got our boisson chauds at every stop:) The buses are running again and Laurence has a Christmas concert that we are going to go to today! It's in a Catholic church, no midnight mass but something kind of close! I am so excited! We get to go to members' houses for Christmas Eve and Christmas day! We are going to go to the Stumont's for Christmas day and the Montulet's for Christmas Eve. Mom and dad, you must meet the Stumont family one day. They have adopted me and I love them with all of my heart. President said we are allowed 'extended hours' for Christmas festivities. I can't wait! The Montulet family is also incredible. The dad is in the branch presidency and he was one of the first 4 missionaires to open the Reunion Madagascar mission! So cool!
This past week we got to sing twice with the district and members in St Lambert! It was FREEZING....-17C (Dad remember early seminary mornings? I don't think we ever got that low! Even crossing the creek) but o so fun. Thank you so much for the coat!! Such a blessing! We have the rest of the presents stowed safely under our 1ft christmas tree. I think I am going to take the treats with me to the Stumont's and experiment with the cookie straws!
I loved Josh's email...thanks for forwarding! I thought that Roy wasnt going to the Provo MTC,what a blessing! As far as music goes...that crazy Jenni Orton sent me her old mp3 player with everything I could ever want so dont worry too much about the music. Thanks for worrying about it!
I'm glad the Luncheon went really well, Mom. You really do have some amazingly classy friends. I really consider them some of my own friends and am blessed to have a mom who knows how to be a friend to others.
Update on some of those we are teaching! L and C update. They both are getting baptized!! L was going to get baptized on Sunday but then last RDV she said it is too early BUT it is still going to happen! Hopefully before the end of the transfer! C also accepted the invitation but is working on some things. I don't know if I have even mentioned anything about C but she really is my sister. Her heart is so pure and her testimony so strong. Every time I leave her house I feel strengthened. How backward does that seem? I love it. It has been such a blessing to see her progress. I will tell you more about her on Friday!! I love this work. There is nothing that can keep it from going forward.
This week we were blessed to be invited to the zone leader conference at Presidents home...not because I did anything special, they just always have sister reps. Anyway, it was incredible. He talked all about empowering each other as missionaires and creating our own weather. One of the assistants talked all about creating self sharpening instruments or missionaires who know how to take their concerns or problems or discouragements and problem solve. Read the table of contents in PMG it anwers EVERY CONCERN! This transfer we are really going to work on learning from Chapter 10 in PMG and turning our mission into a PMG mission. I am so excited. The Brubakers house felt just like home...freezing:) - the heaters were broken - and full of Amy Grant music! Ok, last thought, I received a talk this week called O Ye That Embark by Elder Eyring, he says in it,'the more faithful service we give, the more the Lord asks of you...He increases our power to bear the heavier load." Everything we have is from the Lord. The only thing we can do is serve with all we can to try and show our gratitude. I had so many good study sessions this week but I am out of time! Read Jacob 4 and DC 6 maybe we can share some thoughts!! MERRY CHRISTMAS I LOVE YOU. Josh, GOOD LUCK! The first week is so fun!! I wish we could do a work day together! If I don't get to talk to you know that I love you and I am so proud of you. Love, Sister Powers
If I were a reindeer, the elves would call me cpuid:)
No comments:
Post a Comment