so good talking to everyone yesterday! it is just like you said chels, it didnt even seem out of the ordinary to be chatting with you all. dad even asked about the weather:) everything was just like normal! jill's song was adorable. hows the house buying coming? is the lady selling still pretty crazy? is it looking like youll be able to move in when you hoped? when is kevin finished? was he at work when i called? tell him im sorry i missed him and i love him. what an excellent brother in law! i am so happy to hear that grandma is doing ok. i am going to write her a letter today. when will she be able to walk again? how is grandpa doing? is he still working at the office or has he finished yet? i bet he is taking good care of grandma!
V and A are still doing really well. They were able to see S receive the gift of the Holy Ghost and Celia (member who is helping us teach them) said they have a bunch of questions about how to have the same thing! The lessons in church yesterday were all about the temple and exactly what she needed to hear. They are coming to fhe tonight and we're teaching them before french class tomorrow. It was really cool last week. We were supposed to teach them with a brazilian recent convert but then she couldn't make it at the last minute. With the Phairs leaving they are transitioning to have member couples take over the young adult center. Well, there is this couple in the other ward named the Fernandezs. They were there early and the wife is from Cape Verde! She had time before so we asked her if she wanted to teach with us. It was excellent! I love member testimonies. It makes all the difference in the rdv. I feel like I am being taught every time we are able to have a member come with us. Their experiences fortify my own testimony. Do you remember me telling you about a girl named F? We met her at a metro stop a couple of months ago. She is from St Martin and her mom is the primary president there! She hadn't been to church in a long time and when we contacted her she was like 'mmm yea I've heard of the church, I'm a member.' We have been trying to fix a rdv with her since then but it hasn't worked out. We finally got to see her on saturday and challenged her to read the Book of Mormon with us. I told her I was going to call her every night to see how it is going/what her thoughts are. I called her last night and I think she was a little bit surprised that I actually meant what I had said! Hopefully she doesn't start avoiding our calls:) No, i doubt it, she is really cool and is giving me another reason to feast upon the words of christ.
The point of that is to share something cool that I learned in my studies. I got so much out of 1ne2 this morning! First of all, I was thinking about how Lehi names the river and the valley after his sons. They clearly aren't exactly righteous or firm or steadfast but Lehi sees the potential in them and tries to help THEM see it. I think sometimes we get in our own way. We don't develop to become what we can because we don't see it as possible for ourselves. When we have someone else who is there to point out what we CAN be, we reach for it and are able to get where we maybe wouldn't have alone. Mom, you're really good at that. I've always felt pushed to be better because you believe I can. That goes back to seeing people as God sees them. That being said there is a stark contrast between Laman and Lemuel and Nephi. When they hear about their father's dreams, instead of trying to figure out if they are right or wrong, L&L stay where they are. 'they knew not the dealing of God who created them' and they didnt try to know them. Then you have Nephi. in vs. 16 he says he had great desires to know the mysteries of God. He gets to understand because he wants to understand. Someone shared proverbs 3:13 with me, 'Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.' not only does he get to understand truth but he is also HAPPY. Doesn't it seem like L&L are always angry or mean, never really happy. So we are blessed when we seek to know truth like Nephi did. Then in vs. 20 the Lord talks about the land that he has prepared for Nephi. I was thinking about how that blessing came only after nephi sought but also the fact that it was prepared for as soon as he was ready to ask for it. Cool eh? Same is true for us. As soon as were ready to ask/seek/knock, we are blessed with the things that have already been prepared, they're waiting for us! Anyways this has turned into quite the mom-email:) I better stop! I love you all! Happy Mother's day again! Is there a grandmother's day? Or is it all clumped into one? I think gmas deserve their own day. Talking with everyone sure did remind me how fun you are to be around. I'm glad we have a funny/fun family. Not sure if it's a rare thing but I'm glad Heavenly Father blessed me with one! I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment