Hey family! John Rolph got married?! Who did he marry? I still remember dancing to 'getting jiggy with it' at Josh and Kristina's wedding. I'm also really happy for Joel! I got his wedding announcement and he looks really happy! She looks amazing! Way to go.
I'm glad the Book of Mormon activity went well. Did you make the photo background mom?
We had the farewell for the Phairs. They are the senior couple who have been running the young adult center here in Brussels. They are absolutely incredible. About 100 people showed up and it was a blast.' There was so much love in that room! Rachel wrote a song for them and we sang with her and her sister Koumba. Unfortunately us white girls don't have beautiful African voices like they do but it was fun nonetheless. Sister England was up here for an exchange so she was able to sing with us. It was so fun! They will definitely be missed around here. I am so excited for mom and dad to go on a french spĂȘaking mission! I can't even say how much of a difference they have made in the wards here in Brussesls. They served tirelessly and probably worked harder than all of us young missionaries. I hope to be like Sr Phair one day.
I taught the young women yesterday! The lesson was about how we can prepare ourselves to be teachers. It was fun to hear about teaching experiences they have had with their friends. It also gave me the opportunity to reflect on all the pre-mission opportunities I had at Oakton. I remember a conversation i had with Mr Pringle once. He was asking me about some core beliefs and I drew out the plan of salvation for him. Then I told him that America was founded/established was because Heavenly Father needed a place for the gospel to be restored. hahah He thought I was absolutely crazy! Missionary opportunities are all around us if we pray for them and then open our mouths when Heavenly Father gives them to us. D&C 100:5-8
Transfers are next week so I'll keep you updated! We find out Saturday. That is kind of nice, then we are able to say goodbye to people on Sunday.
Have I told you about JP and family? I met him on the metro last week and I gave him a pass along card. He asked how he could get the Finding Faith in Christ movie and we told him we could bring it over that night. We have been back to teach them again and they love the Book of Mormon; they have so many questions! I love it when people really want to know! They have 5 kids all under the age of 8. Their house is a party and I can't wait to go back this week.
V and A are doing well...she had to work Sunday so they didn't make it to church but they are still progressing.
F has been reading. I stopped the every night thing because I think it was bugging her but it has helped her to get started. We should see her tomorrow and we'll be able to talk more about it. She's awesome.
We have exchanges and Soeur Thompson is coming from Liege on Wednesday and I'm excited to work with her. Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to stay in Liege. I love that city.
Ok time to go. Love you bunches. Have an excellent week and keep praying for chances to share the gospel. People are all around us and they ALL need what we have!
Soeur Powers
No comments:
Post a Comment