hiddy ho family! sounds like a fun week! I'm excited you all got to go boating for a little while. I love the Chesapeake but it's true, I can't remember a time that we have been there that I HAVENT been stung by a jelly fish! They should invent a jellyfish equivalent of OFF.
Hadley! GOOD LUCK with tryouts! No mercy.
Josh, i cant believe your colonscopy story. You know that probably freaked Mom out. I can't believe you waited a month! I spent a day in an endoscopy lab and towards the end of the day someone wasn't paying attention as they were pulling out the colonscopy tube and, "FLING," it hit me in the FACE. hahahha probably the grossest thing that has ever happened to me. I'm glad you are feeling better. I can't believe you are training. Good for you! Good luck with the transition! It's always hard having to leave a comp that you love but you do have your dog tags close to your heart. Do you wear them every day? Have a good week!
We had an action packed week here in Versailles! We fixed baptismal dates with J. and J! They are both incredible.
J is so funny. He invited us to his resturant and surprised us with dinner. It was probably the most gourmet meal I have ever eaten. There were all these fancy French people around drinking their 200£ wine and Soeur Gifford and I were just trying to not get crumbs on our skirts! Anyhow, we invited J to the church and taught him about the apostasy and then watched the Restoration DVD with him. We asked him how he felt after and he said, 'I feel good. Yes, my heart feels good.' He is set to be baptized the 4th of September. We looked up the church in India and the closest branch is in Bangalore....10 hours away. He is trying to go to Canada so hopefully he can work out his legality there and be able to be with his family again soon. He shows us pictures of his wife and son all the time. I love it.
Then, we had a similar rdv with J. We started by singing I Feel My Saviors Love and then watched the Restoration DVD. He felt the truth of it as well and knows that it is true. He is reading about Abinadi in the Book of Mormon and also knows the Book of Mormon is true. He is set to go for Sept 11. He is still working on the idea of a LIVING prophet but we know that answer will come soon enough!
Dad that is exciting about Richmond! You will get to spend a lot of time with Grandma Powers. That is so good. Is she doing any better?
Mom, I think the embrassing eccentricites is what this life is all about. Wouldn't it be boring if we didn't? When I tell friends about you they ALWAYS think you're cool. You make life FUN. no doubting that!
I've been studying apostasy a lot recently and found some awesome scriptures. Look them up! It is so clear in the scriptures.
2 Kings 17:13-17
2 Chron 36:15-16
2 Chron 24:19-21
Jeremiah 44:4-6
Proverbs 29:18
4 Neph 1:27
Mormon 1:13-16
Okay- anyhow I love you all. I know you are doing well and that God is taking care of you. Thanks for the updates!
all the love in my heart. soeur powers
strive, seek and never yield
Saturday, July 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment