Saturday, June 5, 2010

Ville du roi

How was the race for the cure? Did you win your age group Mom? Did it rain this year?? Remember the last time we did it we were running through rivers? Did gaye run it with you? Does james have a mission call? Barrett? There are actually TWO Donald Stahelis. My mission president is not the lone who was the 70 in philly. President Staheli is amazing nonetheless!

Things are still going really well. We fixed a baptismal date with J! We saw him Monday night and we talked about baptism and how it cleanses us and allows us to start our new lives as disciples of Christ. He said "yea, I would love to get baptized!" The date is set for the 26th of June. He still needs to really gain his testimony but he's going to fast tomorrow. It is ward conference so it should be amazing. When we saw him Thursday night he was at 1 Ne 19 and still going strong. I love it! We also challenged C to fast to know if the 19th of June is the date that she needs to be baptized. We are fasting with/for them both. I don't think I am going to eat for the next 48 hours! Pray that they will be able to understand the answer when it comes!
In response to your question about the gardens, we did go to teach someone a lesson there and then he boffed it. So I did get to see a little bit of them but it was a waste of time. We'll have to go next pday. We went to the Louvre last week and the Orsay today and I think I'm wearing Sr Gifford out:) I think she would appreciate it if we stayed closer to home next week. She really is so much fun. she makes the work easy because it's fun. Heavenly Father has really blessed me.

Miracle of the week! We met this cool guy from M the first day that we were together. There was a greve so the train wasn't coming for about another 40 mins. We taught him all about the Book of Mormon and then the story of Joseph Smith. We set up a rdv with him but he didn't have a phone number so we couldn't call to confirm. So we went Monday night but he wasn't there. We met his brother-in-law and asked him if he was interested. We gave him a Book of Mormon and he said he and his wife would love to come to the next rdv. So we went back and taught them on Thursday and they loved it. They have an awesome family and were excited for us to keep teaching them. The first guy is coming to church tomorrow and told us he would get baptized when he knows it's true. I love missionary work!

We had interviews this week and the zone leaders used a clip from the President Hinckley movie as part of the training. at the end of the clip there was a quote from Goethe, "whatever you can do, or dream you can do...begin it. Boldness has genius, POWER (that's us) and magic in it." Heavenly Father WANTS us to achieve. He wants us to dream and then accomplish those dreams. When our desires are righteous we can see them unfold before us. I know that He loves us. I know everything He has done and everything He continues to do is for us. That love is so real and so evident in our everyday lives. 'God wants to make us men and women of purpose and power. We must yield ourselves to the powers of the Spirit.' When we work with the spirit, we are able to realize all the blessings in store.

i love you all and God loves you more!
Bizou Bizou Sr Powers

No comments:

Post a Comment